Damit Dam Sealer
- Fix your leaking dam with DamIt
- Apply directly to the water surface
- No need to drain water or empty the dam
- No need for expensive earth moving equipment
- Fix it yourself as DamIt creates a permanent seal
DamIt™ Dam Sealer is an advanced, non-toxic, polymer powder which can be used to seal leaking dams and ponds. The polymer is applied to a leaking dam or pond by scattering the powder across the surface of the water.
DamIt™ Dam Sealer is designed with a positive charge which draws it downward through the water toward the bottom of the dam or pond. The water pressure (hydrostatic pressure), which causes the dam or pond to leak, forces the polymer down into cracks and crevices as it sinks to the bottom of the pond or dam.
Once activated with water, the polymer will expand in size and bind to other polymer particles to form larger groups of particles, which effectively slows and stops the leak. The polymer will continue to expand over several hours and forms a flexible plug that withstands water pressure.
The positive charge of the particles will also attract any silt and suspended matter in the water downward to the bottom, which acts to embed the polymer within the soil structure and minimise any disturbance or movement of the polymer that may be caused by future water inflows.
DamIt™ Dam Sealer is insoluble and will form a long-term plug, in cracks and porous soils. The polymer stays active when wet and can withstand continuous wet/dry cycles to accommodate rising and falling water levels due to seasonal water level variations in the dam or pond.
DamIt™ Dam Sealer is a rapid, cost effective solution for sealing water leaks and does not require earthmoving equipment or the emptying of dams and ponds; allowing you to save valuable water and keep the dam or pond in use while repairs are undertaken.
DamIt™ Dam Sealer works on a wide range of soil types; from clays to sandy loams and in a wide range of water types; from clear, pure drinking water through to saline water with high levels of suspended clays typically found in rural stock dams.
Note: Damit is not suitable for the following applications
– Ponds made from fibreglass, plastic, rock or concrete – Damit is designed for earthen ponds only
– Ponds with rubber or PE liners – Damit may work if you have a layer of clay/silt over the liner, but ideally Damit needs to be able to freely percolate into the soil
– Small and/or shallow ponds – Damit expands significantly after application
– Streams, water features or moving water – Damit is designed for still ponds and dams
– Heavily planted ornamental ponds with reeds and grasses – Damit will attach to vegetation
– Fish or aquaculture ponds. Damit is not toxic to fish but care should be taken to apply Damit in stages where fish are present to minimise any impact
– Note Damit will reduce soil porosity but it is not a cure-all and we cannot guarantee use of this product will stop your leaks
One application is normally sufficient however difficult projects may require follow up application
Normally applied at 1Ltr/10m² of dam/pond surface area. For high salinity increased dosage rates are required.
Activation Time: 0-2 hours
Fully Activated: 4-7 days
Expected Life In Soil: 5 years +
Shelf Life: 5 years in a dry sealed container
Store Between: 0°C – 50°C
Application Temperature: Water temps above 5°C
Sweep up spills of dry DamIt™ Dam Sealer or, if wet hose off with large amounts of water