Aqua Plastech was founded in 2015 and operations started in 2016. We are determined to provide high quality waterproofing, sealant and dam sealants to the Sub-Saharan market hence our relationship with our Australian supplier Shalex Industries.
Shalex industries is a specialist manufacturer of clear sealers and waterproofing compounds. With dedicated manufacturing facilities to control product quality Shalex products are manufactured in Australia and distributed throughout Australia and internationally.
Sealit was first developed in 1978 by Mr John Moss and was tested extensively in the field for over 5 years prior to release. A key milestone for the company came in 1983 with the release of Sealit Mulitpurpose product to the trade. Shalex quickly gained a solid reputation for the Sealit waterproofing product and as word of mouth spread from happy customers the product demand increased significantly.
Aqua Plastech in cooperation with Shalex Industries is determined to provide a world class service and to ensure that only the best products tested in accordance to international standards are introducted to the market.
We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
Payment can be made for Goods via –
- debit card;
- credit card: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
- direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer: if you pay via direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer, payment must be made within 5 (five) days of placing your order. Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd will not accept your order if payment has not been received;
- Instant EFT;
We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- your date of birth.
2. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
3. You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
4. Subject to your express consent we will not use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website or disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address
We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
5.Ratings and Reviews: When you provide a rating or review of a Product, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your First Name, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display your Last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to the Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd web site (“Web Site”). This document contains the Terms and Conditions that govern your use of the Web Site. These Terms and Conditions describe your rights and responsibilities and what you can expect from Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd. Please take a few minutes to review these Terms and Conditions. Your use of the Web Site constitutes your agreement to abide and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Web Site.
Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to add to, delete or change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and without notice. By continuing to use the Web Site, you agree to be bound by the changes. We are not obliged to notify you of any changes but we will endeavour to alert you to any significant changes. Nevertheless, you should check our published agreement and policies from time to time to acquaint yourself with the current version.
Placing orders through the Web Site
You must be at least 18 years old to place any orders with Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd. By using the Web Site you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years old.
By purchasing any goods through the Web Site, you make an offer to us to purchase the goods you have selected based on these Terms and Conditions. Information contained on the Web Site constitutes an invitation to treat. No information on the Web Site constitutes an offer by us to sell any goods. Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion. We will confirm acceptance of your order when we send you an email confirming shipment of the goods you have ordered. If we are unable to process or accept your order after payment is received we will contact you by email or telephone and arrange for a refund to be processed as soon as possible
This entire Web Site, copy, images, logos, indicia, text, content, and unique method of showcasing products is copyright 2018 Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd. The Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd trade mark and logo are trade marks of Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd. All other trade marks are the property of their respective owners, who are not associated with Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd. Permission to use documents delivered from the Web Site and/or server and related graphics is restricted. The name of Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd or any of the above trademarks or logos may not be used without Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd’s specific, written prior permission. The information contained on the Web Site is subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical, technical, or descriptive errors.
We welcome your comments regarding the Web Site. However, any comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, suggestions or other communications (collectively, “Comments”) sent to Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd shall be and remain the exclusive property of Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd of all rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any comments that you do not wish to assign to us, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as stories, product ideas, computer code or original artwork.
Communication from Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd
We reserve the right to email you product alerts and special offers that we believe may be of interest to you. We respect your right not to receive these communications and if you advise us at the time of placing your order that you do not wish to receive these special offer and alert emails we will disable that functionality for your account. Our communications will contain a clear link to Unsubscribe. Once you have unsubscribed we will remove your name from the communication list and will no longer send you these special offers and alerts, unless you choose to re-subscribe at a later date.
Product Reviews / Messages
The Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd message services available to our guests are subject to the following guidelines. Out of respect for all of our guests, we ask that you do not use obscene, profane or threatening language in messages. Examples of the kinds of conduct or content that are prohibited in messages include:
- The transmission of any content that could violate, or could facilitate the violation of, any applicable law, regulation or Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd rule or policy.
- The transmission of any content that is profane, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- The impersonation of any person or entity in any part of a message.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your messages and Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd assumes no liability for any content submitted by you. We may, but are not obligated to, restrict or remove any and all content from a message that we determine in our sole discretion violates these guidelines or is otherwise harmful to us, other Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd guests or any third party. Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to purge the content you provide at any time.
Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies; Limitations on Quantity
Whilst Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd makes every reasonable effort to present accurate information on the Web Site, the information may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order and/or made payment). Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to product description, pricing and availability. If, for example, the price or description of a product offered for sale on the Web Site is incorrect due to a technical or administrative error, any agreement arising from any acceptance of such offer will, in Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd’s discretion, be void. We also reserve the right to limit quantities (including after you have submitted your order and/or made payment). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase please see our returns policy for details on how to obtain a refund.
Sale of Goods and Delivery
On your request, we will organise for the delivery of your order to your designated delivery address. Our delivery contractors are The Courier Guy and various couriers. Delivery charges for your order will be shown at the checkout.
Unfortunately, due to our contracts with the delivery companies, there are a small proportion of our products that we are unable to deliver to more remote destinations for the displayed delivery charges. In these instances once you have entered your address in the checkout process, we will let you know which products can’t be delivered to your address and we won’t proceed with processing of your order of that item. We will however arrange to give you a call if you request it, and will offer to arrange a bespoke delivery to your address.
You agree to indemnify and hold Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd and its employees, representatives, agents, affiliates, directors, officers, managers and shareholders (the “Parties”) harmless from any damage, loss, or expense (including without limitation, reasonable legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) incurred by you or by the Parties arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against you or the Parties where such loss or liability arises out of, in connection with or in respect of your use of the Web Site, any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and/or any goods purchased by you from Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages including but not limited to loss of use, loss of data, loss of business or profits. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd’s liability is limited to an amount equal to the purchase price of the relevant good(s).
To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd does not accept any liability for:
- any damage or injury of any nature caused by the use or misuse of products purchased from Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd;
- errors, mistakes or inaccuracies on the Web Site;
- you acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on the Web Site and/or any linked website;
- any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers and/or personal information and/or financial information stored on those servers;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Web Site; and/or
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses or other harmful code or communications which may be transmitted to or through the Web Site by any third party.
These Terms and Conditions are legally binding upon each party hereto and its successors and permitted assigns, and governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of South Africa. These Terms and Conditions will not be assignable or transferable by you without the prior written consent of Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd. These Terms and Conditions (including all of the policies and other agreements described in these Terms and Conditions, which are hereby incorporated herein by this reference) contain the entire understanding of the parties regarding their subject matter, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings between the parties regarding their subject matter. No failure or delay by Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms and Conditions will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other such right, power, or privilege. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found to be void, unlawful or unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severed from the balance of these Terms and Conditions and the severed part will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Unless otherwise specified, all prices quoted and sales transactions are in South African Rand. VAT is included in sales to all customers unless it is being exported directly by Aqua Plastech (Pty) Ltd to an export country on behalf of a customer.
Statutory Conditions and Warranties
Statutory conditions and warranties apply. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes the application of those statutory conditions and warranties.
Courier Guy is our dedicated delivery partener across South Africa. For Quotes and rates for the rest of Africa please send an email to email@example.com